Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cape the Third

Perfect winter days for indulging in some sitting and knitting this week mean that good progress has been made on the latest cape project.


I am really enjoying knitting with Bendigo's Classic as it has been a while since I have used this yarn, while it is not soft to knit like the Luxury which I usually use the resulting fabric is perfect for this project. 
Cape in Bendigo's Classic 8 ply colour Java.
It turns out that the hood is the perfect shape with just the right amount of cables to complement the busyness of the cables on the body of the cape.

While I'm not normally a brown person and probably don't have anything in my wardrobe to go with this colour it is warm and lovely to work with.


You're more than welcome to call me crazy knitting a version of this design for the third time in less than six months but I am enjoying watching it come together again in this colour. I'm a little further on than this now, (without photographic evidence) having just finished the first of the 200g balls on the body of the cape, a lot less ends to weave in on this one than the first one!

Friday is all about socializing during the day but I'll be home in time to put a few stitches into something with the ladies joining in with the FNSI. Will you be sewing along on Friday night?

Hope it's warm in your creating space.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, I'm impressed with the cabling and the shape of the hood. Happy knitting!

Shay said...

Beautiful! I wear a lot of brown myself - its such a versatile winter colour.

And no I dont think you're crazy at all -why would you stop making such a lovely pattern!

kymann said...

I love this cape as well! I don't usually like brown either, however when something beautiful is knitted in brown, it makes the colour lovely. What colour will the next cape be..........

Fiona said...

looking good...
Hugz

karen said...

nothing crazy about loving a knit so much! the cables are so pretty and how nice that the fit is perfection!!