Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fat and Skinny...

my current needles and yarn, oh, the projects too.
Since I took the photo this afternoon I have finished the collar on the jacket, so only the finishing to complete now. One sleeve is already attached and the other is ready to be. Yay!  Those fat needles certainly make for a quick project.
Drops 103-1 Aline jacket in Moda Vera Alice 
The sock is still waiting for the last pattern repeat and the toe to be finished.
Two Horse Hitch socks by Anne Poldesak in Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury, Brick
I have enjoyed working on this pattern and I do like the detail created by the cables but I think the next sock will have a more consistent design. The irregularity of both this design and the colour work on the green and purple socks I finished recently, require a lot of counting and concentration. (maybe that's why the jacket knitted up so quickly!)
My current books are not pictured but I am reading more non fiction most of which is work related. Reading for pleasure has been 'Clara's War' by Clara Kramer a personal account of her family's survival in Nazi occupied Poland. The book includes excerpts from the actual diary she kept while living in a bunker with her family and other Jews for more than a year. (Sure I'm copying the other 'alongers who have featured this book recently.)
Joining in over at the Yarn along this week.

Hope it's warm where you are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yipee you will be able to wear your jacket on Sunday,see you then.xx

Lisa said...

Sounds like a good story...thanks for sharing. Isn't it nice to reach the point of a project where you're on the final stretch? :)

Melody said...

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday

Shay said...

Cant wait to see your lovely wooly jumper in its entirety.

Im reading Northanger Abbey at the moment. Its a classic.

Ana BC said...

That is a funny title! Both projects are looking great...

elizabeth said...

Nice! you are way ahead of me in your knitting (not that it is a race etc). blessed day to you!