Sunday, April 14, 2013

The evidence

I did finish the socks and the mint and citrus blanket. I even dealt with all the threads before I took their photo's while the sun was visiting today.
The blanket was a previously resting project which saw daylight again in March. It was started a few years ago to use up stash yarn but as I was fixated on the pretty white border I had to buy another ball of yarn to finish it. Fortunately I used more than half the ball completing the border.
The yarn is Patons Big Baby 4 ply in lemon, mint green, white and a multi coloured - blue/green/lemon.
The cream and burgundy Sanquar socks were started in March and finished this week.
Mother's day sorted - yippee.
Even the inside looks cool
Sanquhar socks designed by Beth B Parrott from 'Knitting socks from Around the World'.
Yarn from the stash - Bendigo Woollen Mills 3 ply and vintage Patons Beehive 3 ply.
 
Slowly working my way through my stash of yarn.
Thanks to Ana and Linda for the Stash buster initiative.
Wishing you sunshine in your creative space.

16 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

The blanket is gorgeous.. so pretty. Those socks are spectacular.... you are so clever :-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I totally agree with Michelle....fantastic projects...

Cheryll said...

I just LoVe your socks!!!!
And the border is Oh So PreTTy! :)

Wendy said...

You are so clever, both your finishes are gorgeous. Those socks look very tricky!!

Marilyn said...

Your work is amazing. The blanket is so beautiful and wow to those socks.

marina said...

well done on some fantastic finishes!

Maria said...

Such a lovely snuggley blanket and lucky Mum to receive those fabulous socks.

linda said...

Lovely makes! those socks are beautiful they look so complicated, well done!

Barb said...

Just beautiful!! (both)

Anonymous said...

such lovely work Tracy,well done.xx

Ana BC said...

Great that you picked this project again, because it is wonderful!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! The border really makes that blanket special. Yay for finishing! And those socks! Amazing. I really don't know how you get those amazing patterns. Best wishes, Tammy

Katherine said...

Gorgeous work on finishing the blanket and I love those socks!

Edda SoffĂ­a said...

I like the blanket, I think the border put a fine touch to the finish. And do we want to talk about these socks, omg they are fine looking. You did a good job on your stash busting there Mistea.
Hug from Iceland, and thank you for leaving your comment on my blog.

Fiona said...

the blanket has finished off beautifully.... love those socks... would be happy wearing them inside out!!
Hugz

Jindi's Cottage said...

The blanket is so pretty...the socks look fabulous...even on the inside!...