Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Still Socking along

One is finished and the second is on the needles - nice.
The pattern is easy to knit and the interesting design repeats both around and down the sock.
Sanquar socks in cream and burgundy
The yarns are working up nicely together, with just a little stretch.
Of course all this knitting means the blanket has been sadly neglected - so close and still so far. That last round is taking forever! (oh, I know I need to pick it and work on it)
I finished reading 'The Necessary Aptitude - A Memoir' by Pam Ayres. A very enjoyable read. 
Now I am reading 'Small Acts of Kindness' by Bronwyn Donaghy, a novel about enduring friendship.
Joining Ginny and all the talented crafters Yarning along this week.

15 comments:

Maria said...

Easy for some.... Just love the things you knit....

karen said...

WOW! That is a very intricate sock, you do such lovely stranded work :)

Unknown said...

oh my!!! Those are amazing socks!!! Love them...you are very talented!!

Fiona said...

Great pattern on those socks...
Hugz

marina said...

stunning! you are so talented..

Cheryll said...

YOU are the queen of socks! I LOVE all the designs you knit...congrats on using your needles to perfection!

Barb said...

You are the woman!!! That is one awesome sock!!

Wendy said...

Lovely socks, it looks an intricate pattern!!

Anonymous said...

Such an amazing pattern, well chosen!

Karen Sue said...

WOW! These socks are too awesome! I think I would have to do a headband or hat if I did something like this. I'm pretty hard on my socks!! I've only made 2 pair...and some christmas stockings (no second sock issues with them!) Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the finished..

Unknown said...

So impressive!! And you're saying these socks are easy to knit!! I find them beautiful, and they must be warm too, with two strands of wool...

Lisa said...

Wow! I've yet to knit something with such a pattern. Your socks are just beautiful. :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I just really do not see how making such a detailed design can be easy. The sock is so beautiful! And Small Acts of Kindness sounds like a lovely book. Have a great day. Tammy

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sock, love it

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great pattern design, interesting toe shape though or maybe that's just the way I am looking at it...noice sock...