Sunday, October 9, 2011

Purple squares

This past week I have been getting in the usual 2x30 minutes crochet sessions on the work commute. I started making purple polka dot squares, I guess the real colours are mauve and violet - just purple to me!

They sure are happy colours to work with.

The squares are small at 3" and come together quickly.

Lined up they look like this.
I have started joining them together instead of waiting until I have the total done.
Should be finished with these this week - a nice quick project, if I don't get distracted by something else? Always a possibility especially when I have more new yarn waiting patiently.
Spent this afternoon with J's mum checking out the NOTY quilt show - I was particularly inspired by the pin cushions which the memebers made for their challenge - lots of creativity there. Sorry no photo's but they will probably have some over on their blog.
Hope you had a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Cathie said...

they are great Miss T! looking forward to seeing them on Wed.

have a great week

Shay said...

Very pretty colours. I love purple or mauve or lavender or lilac or violet (it's all just purple to me too!)

Enjoy your week.