Thursday, September 29, 2011

In bloom

Inspired by an article on Irish crochet in my magazine that I got a couple of weeks ago and the fact that I have a lot of fine thread to use - I have started making motifs.

This is a three dimensional flower that I completed today - it is minute - okay so that is my big hand but really - this flower is less than 5 cm at the widest part!

Very cute though.

My guess is this project will be on going for quite some time.

There was some crochet activity when Misses 12 & 15 were visiting last week but we were having too much fun to be taking photo's.

I have been in the kitchen too - inspired by a post over here I have been making kid friendly Rocky Road when required to bring a plate.

This lot is for work tomorrow, but I also made a batch to take to the family gathering last weekend, there weren't any left overs so I guess that means it passed the family test.

I'll try to remember to get a pic tomorrow before it is devoured.

Hope everyone has had a fabulous week.

5 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Gorgeous little flower. Love rocky road...YUM!

Chocolate Cat said...

Well I have caught the crochet bug as well but it will be a long long time before I could attempt anything as little as that flower! You do beautiful intricate work. Glad the rocky road is being enjoyed! Actually might make a batch to send off to Pony Club on Sunday, make me feel less guilty about staying home!

Shay said...

I love Rocky Road and make it a lot so I can pig out...I cant eat commercially made RR because of the nuts.

You really do like to challenge yourself don't you...teeny tiny flowers indeed. It's so delicate and pretty.

Lee Ann said...

Such a beautiful flower! I have also become interested in irish crochet - so delicate!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend :)

Jindi's Cottage said...

Teeny tiny flowers growing in your garden...very cute...