Sunday, August 28, 2011

Orange and Blue...

vests that is.

(If you want to see something new and interesting you may need to leave now! It seems I am stuck in a groove with the hook permanently attached to my hand while I am seated and am mass producing this vest.)

The blue yarn is Ella which is Acrylic but feels and acts like wool when working with it. I am hoping it washes well as I am in love already. Yes, I've been wearing this one today.

The orange sparkly is Wisp and this one is for MsJ.

As you can see the Orange one is a little longer as MsJ is much taller than me.

I like how changing the yarn changes the look and feel of the garment.

This colour is called carrot so yes it is quite bright but perfect for MsJ.

The blue yarn consists of three different coloured strands and has lots of spring in it.

There have been a couple more squares added to the stack. I had to go out for emergency yarn shopping this afternoon as I ran out of the off white for the outer rows - now that's sorted they are back in production.

That price tag on the pink ball band says 57c - yes, I have had some of these balls for quite a long time and this project is turning out to be a lot of fun.

Hope you have had a sunshiney day.

10 comments:

Serenata said...

I love the vests and yes the different colours do make them look quite different but they are wonderful.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely vests.....and I like the looks for your new project...

Jindi's Cottage said...

They look great...can see your blue one getting lots of outings with Spring coming up quickly...perfect name for that yarn, Carrot.

Fiona said...

The vests are lovely... such a pretty crochet design..
Hugz

marina said...

the vests look fantastic.
Keep on hooking I say!!

CurlyPops said...

It really is amazing when you see them up close - the different colour and different yarn give them such a different feel!

Doris Sturm said...

That vest pattern looks pretty and relatively quick to crochet ... I love the orange and blue yarns. Your vests came out lovely. I don't have any Chenille yarn like the pattern suggests, so I can use any Worsted
Weight that I have? I'd like to make a couple too for Christmas gifts and maybe a red one for me for Christmas ;-)

Shay said...

Love those vests! Keep making and showing them by all means you clever gal. I think they're wonderful and I bet Ms J adores hers.

How many squares have you got done now?

Unknown said...

Love the vests, such beautiful colours

Jantine said...

Those vests are great and why not hook them if you love them? The orange is lovely and bright and I like the blue with the different colours too!