Sunday, December 5, 2010

Still spinning

I haven't been here because I have been spending most of my free time lately in the sewing space, and I even have something to show for it!
All those blocks from last time got sewn together and I have added a narrow border to frame them. There will be one more border but it will be from the scrap tub so it could take me a while yet.
Thanks for all the positive comments on this project from the previous post, I was beginning to wonder about it after looking at all those little bits of fabric for a whole day.

While I was in the sewing frame of mind I cut and sewed a table runner - my first finished Christmas present and it is still the first week of December - Amazing really.

The fabrics I used in the main part were purchased from the specials basket at Threadbare in Castlemaine when we were at the Goldfields quilt show last month. The other fabrics are leftovers from previous projects - Yay!
Yes, more pinwheel blocks.

Hope your weekend was a good one and that you got to do something fun.

Happy creating.

6 comments:

Shay said...

I love those windmills. You've got plenty of time to whip up gorgeous creations for Christmas. I dont panic properly until about the 20th. Last year I was still binding a quilt at 4 am Christmas Eve Day and I had to go to work at 9am...

Thank Goodness I have Christmas Eve Day off this year...

Jindi's Cottage said...

Cute pinwheels all round...you can't go wrong with a good pinwheel...and you gotta love the specials basket...

Cardygirl said...

Your pinwheels look great!

Julia said...

Love pinwheels...everything looks lovely..
Julia ♥

marina said...

I didn't realise they were pinwheels in your runner till I read your posting. Very effective.
I think your scrappy windmills looks great and the border you have put on frames it well!

Serenata said...

gosh that quilt has turned out wonderful, as is the table runner. You are doing well. Keep spinning, but don't get too dizzy! ;-)