Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shopping - Cake - More Shopping

Saturday dawned sunshiny - perfect for a drive in the country.

First stop at Ballarat Patchwork for a spot of Sale shopping and collected these pretties.

On to cake for a spot of afternoon tea with some of local bloggers.

Lots of chatting and laughing,

And delicious cake and tea.

Then after cake we went to Ballarat Patchwork to check out the sale

And collected these goodies - they are much brighter in real life than they look here.

Yes, that is a set of apple core templates hiding under there - I may use them one day.

The lovely Jodie generously gave me a copy of her Monty and Pearl pattern - I really want to have a play with that, but it is back to work tomorrow.

Jindi's mum generously gave me the gorgeous little bag and the lanyard with the strawberries attached - how cute a little pin cushion and scissor pouch.

Look what was inside the bag - all this yummy!

A lovely way to spend a wintery afternoon - good company, good food and drink, and fabulous fabric - oh and on sale too!
Hope you spent the weekend doing something fun.
Happy Crafting

13 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Lovely fabrics, gifts & treats! Glad you had a lovely day!

Kathy said...

are those little hedgehogs in the pattern? adorable!

marina said...

What a day! Lucky girl- it sounds perfect fabric sales and cake and good company.

Doris Sturm said...

It's strange for me to read your saying "wintery afternoon" when it's smoldering hot and humid here in the "deep South"...wish I had some wintery afternoons right now.

Those are lovely gifts. I LVOE Lindt chocolates and dark chocolate is my favorite! The yardage material looks so bright and lovely. Looking at it makes me wish I sewed...happy weekend!

Doris :-)

Barb said...

What fun fabrics.....and projects...and food....especially the food...

Shay said...

Awwwwwww Mistea, sounds like you had such a great time.

Love your fabric haul. Emma told me she was on sale but I'm on a budget this month. It's torture.

Unknown said...

Wow didn't you do well ! Love your fabric and I would have loved that cake too !

Jan said...

Wasn't it a fun afternoon. Good to meet you, too - looking forward to Daylesford on Saturday - MUST do that postcard!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Day if you ask me... awesome fabrics, and look look yummy yummy chocolate. What a lucky girl to get such wonderful fun gifts. I just love the lanyard with the scissor holder.. once you get use to using it you will not be without it. What a lovely gift for a stitch-er.
M

Serenata said...

Cake and material - what more could a girl want?!

Jossie said...

What a fun day you had. Lovely fabrics en beautiful gifts.
Not joining the audience yet?

Teresa said...

Wow some gorgeous things in there. So glad you had such a lovely day. That's all the things I love too... fabric, friends, cake, chocolate....

Leah said...

Sounds like the perfect afternoon to me! Some beautiful stuff you have there. Love the strawberry pin cushion and case just adorable.