Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pillow Swap

Here is the cushion (pillow) cover I made for Annie in the Pillow swap hosted by Jamie over at Modified Mix.

Annie suggested fresh colours with white - a bit of a challenge for me - n0t very much white in my sewing room.

I used another Red Brolly stitchery design from the book Miss Millies Flower Patch, stitched with DMC 4010 on a green Moda fabric. I used pale blue and purple fabrics in the border to highlight the colours in the thread and finished with a narrow green border and fine piping which was white with a green print.

A close up of the stitchery shows some of the thread colour - it is very pretty.

I made it to the Ink and Spindle open studio today and was treated to a printing display - those girls are not only talented they do all the hard work as well. Of course I brought a sample home - will share soon.

Hope your weekend is full of all your favourite things.

Happy Creating

3 comments:

Lurline said...

Pretty, pretty - sounds like a lovely day!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Doris Sturm said...

That is very pretty. I like that pillow cover and I'm sure it will be well received. Very lovely design.

Have a nice weekend!
Doris :-)

Serenata said...

Very pretty, and very clever, I bet she will love it.