Saturday, June 19, 2010

Making Progress

While this week has mostly been about the paid employment I have seen a little progress on two slow projects.

Thursday night at NCB and Friday Night Sew In helped things along - reminding me to do a little each day.

So what am I working on

Another textured vest, knit in the same pattern as the Navy Blue one.

The photo below probably shows the best colour of the yarn. I am making it in the Bendigo Woollen Mill yarn that I picked up from the Mother a couple of months back. It is delightful to work with and the colour is perfect.

I chose to knit in one piece to the armhole this time so it feels like it is taking a Loooooong time but it will all be done and no seams to sew at the end - Yippee!!!

The Japenese girls are the other project which is going slowly right now as I am doing button hole applique by hand and the dull weather is making the black stitching difficult.

So here is the first girl with her black stitching almost complete - now for some colour.

I cheated just a little bit with Friday night sew-in and did some of these stitches on Saturday morning when the sun was shining in the sewing space.

(I figured it was still Friday Night somewhere in the world, so someone would be keeping me company.)

Thanks Heidi and Bobbi for co-ordinating the Friday Night Sew-In it sure is fun checking out what others are working on.

Hope your weekend turns out just the way you like it. Happy Crafting

8 comments:

barb's creations said...

Wish I could knit more than a scarf,love the colour you've chosen.I agree that it's a bugger to blanket stitch at night with dark threads.keep up the greta work.A little at a time will see more projects in the finish pile :) Barb.

Shay said...

Wow you're on fire ! Agree with Barb - that colour is beautiful.

I missed Friday night sew in again? I really have to get more organised.

marina said...

My arms hurt just thinking about knitting in one piece, even if it is just to the armholes. I do miss knitting though.
Your japanese girl is looking lovely. I love the contrast in the fabrics.

Doris Sturm said...

That sweater looks soft and warm. I should probably knit one to send to my dad for Christmas this year... or maybe a vest for around the house...some slippers to match, maybe? Your work is lovely and it has inspired me.

I still don't know how to chat on our new blog...

Happy weekend, Mistea!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Looking good and just the right weather for a new vest...brrrrr...
Like the Japanese girl's black/gold fabric.

Unknown said...

I'm always amazed at how much beautiful work you get done !

Serenata said...

What a great idea, knitting in one piece, although heavy work!

Thanks so much for the pattern... thought I had thanked you, but I think I may have forgotten ;-)

Jantine said...

I love all your knitting projects. And this Japanese lady is fun too. Enjoy your sewing time!