Saturday, July 4, 2009

A few stitches

Have been accomplished in between the day job. There has been some progess on this, including a couple of rows completed this afternoon at the monthly knitters gathering at my local library where it was just so cosy that I thought I would fall asleep under my new blanket. It is about one metre in diameter and I have two more balls of this yarn so it should end up a great size for a couch blanket. Just right for these cold winter evenings. And you are right, it is not knitting at all but crochet. Yesterday when I got back from work I started stitching and finished this little number destined to become another bag. This time the back and handles will be scrappy also as I need lots more practice at sewing straight lines. The stitchery is another design from Miss Millies Flower Patch by the talented Bronwyn Hayes of Red Brolly.
May your weekend be filled with all that you love wherever you are.
Happy Crafting

1 comment:

Jantine said...

I really love the crochet rug. How did you manage to keep it flat, did you have a pattern? I love the colors, they remind me of a dress I crocheted for my doll when I was about 10 or 11, will try to find it and make a picture!