Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Colours

Going a bit slow on the sewing front, always seems to happen when I have a deadline looming. I can see a couple of late nights coming up to get the Home project completed by the weekend. Today while out walking I saw this fellow in the tree enjoying an afternoon snack. Of course he was in a better photo position but tried hiding while I got my phone out to snap him. Patience meant that I got this shot. There was a lot of noise coming from the tree so obviously he had some companions hiding among the flowers and leaves. On a completely different note I collected this treasure when I was at the Old Peoples earlier this month. The gorgeous colours are very reminiscent of the era - yes, this hat is straight out of the 1970's and was made by my very creative Granny. I still love this hat as it keeps your ears warm and the tassel people are too cute. It is simply made from three crocheted hexagons with some setting crochet and border. I intend to attempt making one myself from this example.
Some more handsewing for me this afternoon, I need to get the applique details finished so that I can back and bind it before the weekend.
Enjoy your Tuesday and hope the Sun is shining where you are.
Happy Crafting

2 comments:

Jantine said...

You better keep treasuring this little hat! It is so lovely!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That hat is sooooo dang cute! I love it.