Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stitching and the day job

As I thought my work has begun for the year, I got a call Monday morning and worked two days in a row, a bit of a shock after two months. All this day job stuff gets in the way of crafty fun. Yesterday I recieved notification that my entry in the 'Think outside the square - quilting with circles' competition is to be part of the Living Creatively display at the coming Stitches and Craft Show. You could say I am excited! This week I started stitching this lovely design by Bronwyn Hayes of Red Brolly, which appears as an applique in Australian Homespun Magazine. It is part of a bigger project, I am not being that ambitious at present and thinking that I may just do this one. I chose to just do stitchery and not applique, so will wait and see how it comes out. The thread colours are all purples and the background fabric is a pale tan colour. I have some civil war fabrics in purple and tan tones which I am thinking will complement it to make a bigger project. Just playing with ideas at the moment and enjoying hand stitching in between the working stuff.
I haven't put the sewing machine back up since the outing we had last Saturday, which was most enjoyable. So good to be in the company of so many inspiring like minded people, and the feeling that we were able to do something to help those in need at this difficult time.
Happy Crafting

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a shame work gets in the way , you could get a lot more of that project done . Its looking really good .
clares craftroom