Friday, January 23, 2009

Cup Cozy finished!

I had my neices and sister visit again today and Miss 12 impresssed me by sewing together 30- 3 strip 9 inch blocks this afternoon. Okay so we had a production line happening at the end with me pinning and my sister doing the ironing bit, but they are flying home tomorrow and she has all the blocks ready to sew into a quilt top. A good effort for an afternoons work, more than half of the strips were ready to sew when they arrived, and I cut the rest, but my neice did all of the sewing. Yet again I forgot to take photos. She promised to send me one when it is done. On a different note, Jo Jo is having a 100th post giveaway and you have to write and post about 3 crafty things you can't live without, you can see from my picture that counting is not something I do well. Okay I nominated 3 groups of things, can you guess? Yes, my floss collection, my fabric stash and my favourite scissors, no this is not all of any of the groups I selected, just a mere sampling so you can see where some of my inspiration comes from, oh and some of the tools used to achieve the finished products I did finish something this week in between sewing with the girls and just spending time with them while they were here. I made this cup cozy, I know they have been seen around blogland a lot lately, and well I just had to have one of my own. Now all I need to do is this in the car for the next time I order take out. Now I really must get onto my swap project... Enjoy the long weekend and I hope it is productive for you all. Happy Crafting

4 comments:

MissyMack said...

Gosh, look how neat and organised your threads are!! Wow! Well, you don't want to see mine then...*hides box away from prying eyes* :D
Thanks for visiting my blogs! It's great to meet you. :)
And I just love Sam and suzi. That's great they found a new home. :)

quiltingnana said...

how lucky to have some little girls to sew with! My seven year granddaughter wants to learn to sew but she is far away...maybe next summer.

Unknown said...

Hi just found your blog and am now following you . I love the pieces I have seen so far .Nice to meet you .
Clares Craftroom

RG said...

Gosh Mistea, I just wanna run my fingers through all that good stuff..lol
woohoo!!
Also, a belated thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Mr Byrd.
Your visits are always welcome!
hugs
Robyn xx